Upper-back pain is a common issue for many people, and it can be caused by a variety of factors, such as poor posture, stress, and injury. One way to alleviate this pain is through stretching exercises that can help loosen up tight muscles and improve mobility. Here are some good stretches that you can try to help relieve your upper-back pain.
- Sitting Shoulder Roll: Here you will need a pillow. Sit on the floor and put the pillow under the head and arms. Keep your elbows on the floor and lean back. You will feel the difference after trying this stretch.
- Standing Spinal Twist: That is one of the best stretches for your upper back. Stand upright and hold your hands in front of your face. Bend forward until your spine touches your hands and look down. Now, inhale and exhale deeply and twist your body to the right.
- Single Leg Forward Bend: The best thing about this is that it will make your lower back stronger and your shoulder stronger too. Stand upright and hold your arm with one hand and the knee of the same leg with the other hand. Now, bend your body towards the ground, exhale and inhale again.
- Overhead Neck Twist: The best thing about this exercise is that it will make your upper back strong. Stand upright and touch your fingers on the wall. Inhale and exhale slowly. Now, twist your head to the right and then to the left. Repeat it 2 to 3 times.
- Pelvic Lift: The pelvic lift will strengthen the core of your body, and you will feel the effect on your entire body. Lie down on the ground and ensure that your hips and knees are bent, and your body is at a 90-degree angle. Now, lift your pelvis from the ground and press it toward the sky.
Remember to perform these stretches carefully and to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise routine. Regular stretching can help to improve your overall health and well-being.
Come in for a Professionally Assisted Stretch Session; download the Stretch Authority App for Apple or Android Here to book today.
Join our Newsletter Here.